Pages

Saturday 29 September 2018

Reasons to be happy

As Himadri made a list of Reasons to be happy, I’m going to make my own list (because why not?). 


List of things that make me happy (incomplete, naturally, and in random order): 
- Family and friends 
- My bf 
- Cats and kittens 
- Ingmar Bergman 
- Gỏi cuốn 
- Ella Fitzgerald- Louis Armstrong duo 
- Bubble tea 
- Videos of parrots or cockatoos 
- Billy Wilder’s comedies 
- Not having to get up early 
- Audrey Hepburn 
- Russian literature 
- Making films 
- Jane Austen 
- Good sex 
- Choco Pie 
- A good sleep
- Crème brûlée 
- Dogs and puppies 
- Luis Bunuel
- Sushi 
- Sunny weather 
- Window shopping 
- Cats’ paws and dogs’ tongues 
- Getting a film reference in film
- Flowers after rain 
- Crème caramel
- Beethoven’s symphonies  
- Chocolate mousse 
- Colourful lamps 
- Dirty jokes and sexual innuendos 
- Helena Bonham Carter’s voice 
- Mirror shots 
- Light reflected in water 
- The sound of French 
- Fred Astaire’s dance 
- Whale songs 
- Bún bò Huế 
- Sunset sky 
- Yellow roses 
- Doing things with my mom 
- Elvis Presley’s love songs 
- The dance sequence The Aloof in Sweet Charity 
- Recognising a location in a film 
- Full moon 
- Baby laugh (except when there’s no baby) 
- A new person pronouncing my name correctly (Di, like Yee) 
- Animal videos 
- Travelling 
- Bún riêu cua 
- Thinking I’m late for something but it hasn’t started when I arrive
- Autumn leaves 
- Hugs and cuddles 
- Someone saying they also like Lev Tolstoy or Ingmar Bergman 
- Petrichor 
- Handwritten notes in second-hand books 
- Mangos 
- Daniel Day-Lewis 
- Memories of my Whitby trip and whale-watching 
- Wearing my fuchsia lipstick 
- Getting the email/message “You’ve got money…”  
- Photos of my bf as a baby 
- The Alice books 
- Pandas 
- The young Sophie Marceau 
- Being home whilst it’s raining 
- Libraries 
- Free food and discounts 
- Rainbows 
- Alpacas 
- Sitting near a fire in winter 
- People being nice to each other 
- Nabokov’s rants about philistines 
- German Christmas toys and decorations 
- Watching football 
- Old buildings that make me feel like I’m not in the 21st century 
- Horrible people’s misery (schadenfreude)

7 comments:

  1. that's a lot! first on my list would be still being able to think a little, i guess... can't come up with too much after that... well, except mrs. M, reading, bike-riding and chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. A few things on my list are very little things, but they make me happy. Like not having to get up early.
      Maybe your list can have little things like that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My own will have only one item ... sex. As i haven't had any in quite some time. Good or bad won't matter. Beggars et al. ;)

      Delete
  3. You didn't mention having online conversations with me!

    And in any case, my rants against philistines are very bit as notable as Nabokov's. What I lack in articulacy and erudition, I make up for in terms of rage and intemperate rudeness.

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).