Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Hugh Jackman's opening number at the 81st Annual Academy Awards

With Anne Hathaway. 
I literally fell in love with Hugh Jackman after watching this in 2009 and till now have seen his opening number over and over again for almost 10 times. Why I haven't published it on my blog is quite a mystery, but well, here it is:



Lyrics: 

Just a humble slumdog
Sitting on the chair
On the millionaire
What will I be holding, in the end?
What’s my final answer?
Is it written there? do I really care?
I’m only here to phone a friend.

Hi Sarah Jessica
And if I thought that I could find equivalents
Hi Kate!
I would swim a sea of human excrement!
And I’d begin my story, with this sentiment.
The Slumdog Millionaire just needs some MILK!

I’m talking about M-I-L and K, I’m talking about Milk
(Harvey Milk)
I’m saying it’s allright to be Gay, I’m Harvey Milk (MILK)
I’m recruiting people all across the U.S.A.,
I’ talking about Harvey on the griddle,
MILK on the middle,
Give me just a little,
Just a little
Give me just a little. 
Ladies and gentlemen, your Craigslist Dancers!

How come, comic book movies, never get nominated?
How can, a billion dollars, be unsophisticated?

Everyone went to see The Dark Knight,
What am I doing to think it’s not right?
Isn’t my cape bullet proof tight?
Maybe if I aged backwards?

When I was 4, my back was sore and I had pubic hairs,
I’m aging in reverse but no one seems to be aware,
You’d think the government would replicate my DNA,
Somebody notify the press before I fade away,
Does anyone thinks this case is curious?

HUGH: Why didn’t you burn the tapes?
ANNE: I don’t know what I’m supposed to say here?
HUGH: Eighteen minutes all erased.
ANNE: I mean, it’s an honour … I just would like a heads up.
HUGH: America deserves an apology.
ANNE: Frank Langella was sitting right next to me.
HUGH: Stop your lies now, and tell the truth!
ANNE: Do you really want to do this, Jackman?
HUGH: It’s Frost!
HUGH: Confess to me.
ANNE: Why can’t you let this be? Give me my dignity!
BOTH: Look what you’ve done to me!
ANNE: You’re a worthy adversary!
HUGH: Why is your upper lip, so sweaty?
ANNE: Is it? I didn’t..
HUGH: Yes, but I like it.
ANNE: Mister Frost, I think I love you.
HUGH: Oh, Nixon. You know I love you too…

THE READER. I haven’t seen THE READER.
I was going to see it later, but I fell behind.
My Batmobile took longer than I thought to design.
THE READER. I know I have to see THE BEATER.
I went down to the theatre, but there was a line.
All the people were watching IRON MAN for the second time.

I am a wrestler.
I am alone.
My role is outcast, my heart is bypassed and yet I’ve grown.
From a slumdog with nothing,
I built my button.
I ironed all my men, and frosted my Nixon.

Cause I AM HUGH JACKMAN!
AND I’VE WAITED SO LONG!
AND NO RECESSION,
CAN STOP MY CONFESSION,
OR SILENCE MY SONG!

THESE ARE THE OSCARS!
AND THIS IS MY DREAM!
I AM A SLUMDOG!
I AM A WRESTLER!
I’LL RENT THE READER!
I’M WOLVERINE!


Bonus: 
Hugh Jackman raps: 

Anne Hathaway raps: 

Hugh Jackman hosts another show: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).