Pages

Saturday 11 May 2019

Updates on graduation film

I have completed my graduation film No More Than This (previously called Non-Person). It is a surrealist drama film, in English and Vietnamese, of 19 minutes. 
Stills: 
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and sitting
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, flower and indoor
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, night and indoor

It was a difficult shoot, many things went wrong. Looking back, there are a million things I would have done differently, and next time I would definitely do a lot better. However, several days after the assessment screening and some more work for the official Hyde Park Picture House screening (next week), I have decided to embrace the film. Even if in some way I have failed, for not pushing the concept far enough, which I will not try to justify, I have taken risks and worked very hard and done the best I could. Everything considered, I am proud of the finished film and what I have done. 
No More Than This is my best and most important work to date. 
I have also delivered my dissertation on Ingmar Bergman (love and human contact in 3 Bergman films: Wild Strawberries, Cries and Whispers, and Autumn Sonata), and other assignments. 
The time at film school will soon come to an end.

2 comments:

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).