Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

"Magnolia"

Paul Thomas Anderson once said, I don't know when, "... I guess the way that I really feel is that "Magnolia" is, for better or worse, the best movie I'll ever make."
It's 1.15am and I'm watching "Magnolia" at the moment, and I do not know whether I agree, whether "Magnolia" is as magnificent as or greater than "There will be blood", but there are 2 things that are certain now: 
That this is brilliant and wonderful film, a gripping and powerful and moving tale, which, more than showing us a story of several distressed people, affects us directly and strongly and deeply, which takes us to that world he created and lets us experience the experience and feel the feelings. 
That Paul Thomas Anderson is an amazing and talented filmmaker, a true auteur, a master, the best director of his generation, 1 of the few names that will still be mentioned in the next 50 years. 

(Will discuss more later. This is my feeling while watching the film). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).