Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Fish videos: hunting, being hunted

As I read Jonathan Balcombe’s What a Fish Knows, I find it useful to have my phone next to me, to google images of the fish species he’s talking about. Sometimes I search for videos.
Watch this video I found:



This is one of the best nature sequences I’ve ever seen. The thrill! For some seconds at the beginning, I thought that flying fishes were magical, and then…
Man, if you think your life is tough, think about flying fishes.
Now let’s watch another video.
You know birds eat fishes, but did you know some fishes eat birds?



Here’s the story of the filming if anyone’s interested: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/blue-planet-2-fish-eating-birds
This is crazy.





_____________________________________________

The other day I saw a David Attenborough documentary called Creatures of the Deep. Fantastic stuff. There’s footage of a Humboldt squid hunting, which is awesome because of its massive size and its speed, but I can’t find the sequence on youtube.
However, the footage of jellyfishes and a fried egg jellyfish is here: 



(I know jellyfishes are not fishes. But the video is cool, no?).
The fried egg jellyfish is massive. And it looks just like a fried egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).