Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Updates on life and my films

1/ My short experimental film Footfalls was screened at Viet Film Fest in California last Sunday. 
It was mentioned here: http://vietcetera.com/viet-film-fest-presents-the-best-vietnamese-films-of-2018/?fbclid=IwAR1shkS2PBm3doRr3KL77r0soHvabHt20lRsTdFhU4y_3kr2rLG6-AAAqLc

Image may contain: text
Image may contain: one or more people and text
I didn’t expect that. 

2/ Last Friday I pitched for a script called Non-person (working title), as writer-director. The script got through, so I’m directing again this year. 
I know the real world is different, so I don’t have any illusions or great expectations about the 1st few years after graduating, but it’s about 1 step at a time. And it’s going all right. 

3/ Meanwhile, other things are fine, except that politics and social media are depressing me. So I’m reading Nabokov’s Speak, Memory for some consolation.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news - congratulations!

    Also, I saw In the Mood for Love tonight and agree with you about the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.
      And yeah, I wonder if I will still like other films by Wong Kar-wai.

      Delete
  2. Great! Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).