Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

Yes, I'm alive

Long time no see. 
When was the last time I wrote a blog post? That was in September. Busy busy busy. I’ve been directing a short student film, shot in November and now in post-production. The film is called Bird Bitten and will be completed for assessment in January, but we have time to work more on it till the screening in spring. Duration is 5-6 minutes. 
It’s been great, and this time I felt a lot more comfortable and confident, and enjoyed it a lot more, than when directing a short documentary last semester. 
Other than that, there was a pile of other things to do: a directing assessment, an editing assessment, a 300-word dissertation proposal, and a 3000-word essay. Plus a short reflective essay I haven’t started. 
So no time for anything else. The only books I’ve been reading are film books. 
However, after all the talks about being busy, I must announce that I’ve just joined a 2nd film, as 2nd AD, and we’re shooting this week. 
Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Di, glad to see that being busy is the problem. I was wondering if health had been the issue. Anyway, glad to see you're still around and possibly may be posting, sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lot of success in your field... congrats for that and the hard work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred and Mudpuddle,
    Thanks a lot.
    I've been trying to read again but couldn't focus...

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).