Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

My reception of Villette

is something like this: 
 *

Please don't think that the last point is my last thought on Villette- I haven't finished reading the book. It's only my state of mind right now, a few scenes after the unfolding of Paul Emanuel's hidden side, the self-sacrificing, saintly (/Christian) side. This is a good, realistic character, 1 of Charlotte Bronte's best, and everything was going very, very well until the revelation scene- improbable and unconvincing and... I don't even have the word. 
Still, the good news is that the general trend is still going up and up and up, so there is chance that it will go up again soon. 
Oh Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte. 







*: And don't take that graph too seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).