Pages

Friday, 24 May 2013

Anne- 30/10/1943

"... Are there any parents that can make their children completely happy?
Sometimes I think God is trying to test me, both now and in the future. I'll have to become a good person on my own, without anyone to serve as a model or advise me, but it'll make me stronger in the end. 
Who else but me is going to read these letters? Who else but me can I turn to for comfort? I'm frequently in need of consolation, I often feel weak, and more often than not, I fail to meet expectations. I know this, and every day I resolve to do better. 
[...] 
Oh well. So much comes into my head at night when I'm alone, or during the day when I'm obliged to put up with people I can't abide or who invariably misinterpret my intentions. That's why I always come back to my diary- I start there and end there because Kitty's always patient. I promise her that, despite everything, I'll keep going, and I'll find my own way and choke back my tears. I only wish I could see some results or, just once, receive encouragement from someone who loves me. 
Don't condemn me, but think of me as a person who sometimes reaches bursting point!" 
(Anne, 30/10/1943)

No comments:

Post a Comment